What’s the best part about football season? The snacks of course! If your dog loves game day and takes it very seriously like you do, then these game time treats are a perfect way to let your dog in on the snacking extravaganza sports games bring! This homemade treat is versatile to yours dogs dietary restrictions and is packed with healthy nutrients like Greek yogurt and coconut oil, both healthy ingredients for your pups! Bonus to add on the very serious game day snack is purchasing a football shaped cookie cutter to add to the cuteness of these treats! Enjoy the big game with your fur-babies and make them these yummy treats, it will be a touchdown in your house!!
- 3 cups of preferred flour (we like to use oat flour!)
- ¼- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
You Will Need:
- Medium bowl
- Rolling pin
- Football cookie cutter (or any shape)
- 2 x lightly greased foil covered cookie sheets
- Small piping bag or Ziploc bag, just cut off a corner
- Mixing spoon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, molasses, peanut butter, melted coconut oil and water together. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the cookie dough to about ¼ inch thick piece.
- Cut out individual cookies
- Bake cookies for about 25 minutes or until firm. Watch carefully to avoid burning them
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Then using the Greek yogurt pipe football stitching onto the cookies. Simply add your yoghurt to the bag. squeeze and twist the end of your bag, then snip a small corner with scissors to create the nozzle to pipe.
- Place finished cookies into the fridge to cool and harden before your pup enjoys!!
Thanks Barkley doodles for the great information and fun recipe!