Although our dogs will never understand what “PSL season” means, they can still enjoy a seasonal treat that is pup-friendly and worth wagging a tail over! Not only is pumpkin and PB a delicious combo, but pumpkin is great for digestive health in dogs.
Getting in the kitchen and making delicious and nutritious treats is a fun (and rewarding) way to give some love to your pup. Not to mention your kitchen will smell amazing! Try it out, and let us know what you think:
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 ¾ cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Get to baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix ingredients with a stand mixer, using a beater attachment on medium speed until the dough is thick and fudge-like
- Roll out the dough and cut into any shape you’d like using a cookie cutter (bone shapes are a classic, but this is a great opportunity to whip out some fun seasonal cookie cutter shapes like pumpkins, witch hats, etc!)
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool before storing in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- “Bone” appetit! Give your pup a yummy homemade treat that you can feel good about.