27 May 3-Ingredient Summer Treats for Fido
The dog days of summer will be here before we know it, so we’ve found our favorite way to help Fido chill out with these delicious and dog-friendly frozen treats!
What You’ll Need:
- Ice Cube Trays (silicone ones work best to easily pop out the treats)
- Xylitol-Free Peanut Butter
- Treats or kibble
- Make sure there is a space cleared in your freezer to fit your ice cube trays.
- In a blender, puree bananas until they are smooth and yogurt-like in texture. You can add a little bit of water if needed.
- Fill your ice cube trays half-way with the banana puree.
- Put a few pieces of kibble, a treat, or whatever your dog likes into each cube.
- Top each cube with a small spoonful of dog-safe peanut butter to fill the cubes.
- Freeze for at least two hours, or until solid, and enjoy!
This simple recipe can be mixed and matched for your dog’s liking! Instead of bananas, your dog might like pureed pumpkin, sweet potatoes, or even low-sodium chicken broth frozen into their treat cubes. As always, do your research and make sure your ingredients are dog friendly, and remember to enjoy in moderation. Happy summer!