12 Dec MINT-ER WONDERLAND: DIY DOG TREATS
Minty goodness is a winter-time essential – but why should humans have all of the fun?! Your pup will love these homemade treats, and you’ll love the boost of freshness in their breath!
What you need:
– 2.5 cups flour (whole weat, all-purpose or gluten-free)
– 1 cup water
– 1 tb oil
– ½ cup oats
– 2 tb fresh mint
– 1/3 cup fresh parsley
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Chop fresh herbs and combine with flour, oats, oil and water. Mix thoroughly.
– Knead dough for several minutes.
– Sprinkle flour on clean surface and roll out dough to one third to one fourth inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutter or pizza cutter, cut out treat shapes.
– Place treats on lined baking sheet and bake for 35 mintues.
– Store in fridge for two weeks, or freeze.
– Melt ½ cup of yogurt chips with 1 tb coconut oil on stove or in microwave while stirring regularly.
– Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well.
– After dog treats have cooled, decorate or dip in icing and let dry (icing will dry hard).